Making meals for the freezer is one of my favorite things to do. There are times when I don’t have time to plan a healthy supper or just don’t have the motivation. Having something easy and nutritious in my freezer and ready to bake is a life saver.
Can You Freeze Macaroni and Cheese?
You can make a macaroni and cheese dish and then freeze it for one of those busy nights!
How To Freeze Macaroni and Cheese
- Make a cheese sauce for your macaroni. If you need some inspiration for sauces, check here.
- Meanwhile cook your macaroni in a pot of lightly salted water.
- Put your macaroni and the cheese sauce into a large bowl so that you can mix it well.
- Transfer the macaroni and cheese to a greased 9×13 glass baking dish.
- Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil and you can freeze it for up to two months.
I am a bit of a skeptic at times and I would not trust the aluminum foil to stay on tightly. I like to cover the pan with plastic wrap and then put foil over top. Just remember to remove the plastic wrap before you bake it.
You can bake it from frozen. It will take about an hour and a half at 350 degrees. Remove the foil and the plastic wrap before baking but then put the foil back on. After about an hour, take the foil off and sprinkle the macaroni and cheese with breadcrumbs and continue to bake until it is heated though.